Fantastic haul from the weekend trip to Masinagudi.
103. Long-tailed Shrike (Lanius schach)
104. Plain Flowerpecker (Dicaeum concolor)
105.Thick-billed Flowerpecker (Dicaeum agile)
106. Pale-billed Flowerpecker or Tickell's Flowerpecker (Dicaeum erythrorhynchos)
Considering that this is one of the smallest birds in the sub-continent -it's all of 8 cms - I'm very proud of this picture. I think this one was guarding her chicks.
Update on 8-Aug-2010: I replaced the original picture with this one taken in Chikmagalur.
107. Brahminy Starling (Sturnia pagodarum)
108. Rufous Woodpecker (Micropternus brachyurus)
You can barely make out the shape of this bird in this photograph, but I'm still shamelessly putting this up on my blog because I spent nearly half an hour trying to get a picture and because this is the first time I saw this bird.
109. Plum-headed Parakeet (Psittacula cyanocephala)
These parakeets fly like low-flying missiles dodging obstacles with the most fascinating technique.