The first stop was Jogi Matti in Chitradurga.
67. Paddyfield Warbler (Acrocephalus agricola)
68. Wire-tailed Swallow (Hirundo smithii)
Day 2 of my trip included a visit to Mandagadde Bird Sanctuary near Shimoga. Unfortunately I could only spot a couple of kingfishers and hill mynas all of whom were out of range for my camera. However, on the way back from there we stopped over at my nephew's school and we found this Wire-tailed Swallow taking a break from its psychedelic air show. I had to make an exception to my rule to include this one in this blog, because I am resigned about ever getting the chance to photograph a swallow sitting on anything but an electric wire.
|From France 2012|
69. Brahminy Kite (Haliastur indus) : Another of the easy coupons encashed!
Original picture replaced by this one I shot in Gulakmale
And here's the beauty in flight...
70. Rufous-winged Bush Lark (Mirafra assamica) or could be the Jerdon's too
This was spotted in Shimoga town.
71. Yellow Billed Babbler (Turdoides affinis): This was taken right in front of my uncle's house in my home town, Amruthapura.